Dear Giering Metal Finishing Employees, Customers and Venders,
Giering Metal Finishing, Inc is deemed an “essential business” as we provide finishing services to the Department of Defense, Agriculture & Medical industries. As uncertainty continues with the spread of Coronavirus (COVID-19), we are cautiously navigating our reactions to the situation. The health and safety of our employees is a critical priority as we function in the workplace while practicing safe and effective procedures.
We continue to receive directions and advice in from our Health & Safety Professional consultant who is monitoring information from the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the World Health Organization (WHO), and other relevant state and federal authorities. In order to manage this risk, we are implementing a Defense Control Plan to set the following restrictions and precautions:
- Limiting our employees to the respective buildings in which they work.
- Limiting access to outside drivers delivering/picking up material & sales people.
- Limiting person to person exposure during break & lunchtime.
- Disinfecting/cleaning our facility & equipment throughout the day.
- Wearing appropriate Personal Protective Equipment when necessary.
- Ending usage of all vending machines.
- Having a procedure in place for reacting to a situation if/when an employee tests positive for the Coronavirus.
Most importantly, we rely on our employees to maintain proper hygiene at work and at home. Employees must practice social distancing and avoid contact with anyone sick or those who have traveled outside the state & especially outside United States mainland. We require that if an employee feels sick to please stay home and contact his/her medical professional immediately. Employees are preferred to be cleared by a medical professional or be fever free for minimum of 2+ days before returning to work. Body temperatures may be requested.
We assess the Coronavirus (COVID-19) situation daily so we can continue to update and work with you as it evolves. We feel assured in our preparedness and look forward to overcoming this unfortunate circumstance. Giering is committed to operating safely, just as we have for last 66 years.